Odisha State Technical Advisor
Reports to: Odisha State Lead
Malaria No More is seeking an Odisha Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance to support MNM's MOU with the state government to achieve malaria elimination across the entire state.
Based in Bhubaneswar, the Advisor will report to MNM's Odisha State Lead and work collaboratively with MNM's India Technical Lead based in New Delhi.
This position will be based in: Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide expertise on the technical aspects of the state level malaria programs
• Work with the India Technical Lead and the India Senior Advisor for the development of state level operational plans for malaria elimination
• Analyze policies as well as current strategies and support the development of strategic plans, knowledge briefs, alternative/ shadow reports, etc.
• Support and guide the Technical Working Group of the Malaria Action Coalition on situation analysis, data analysis as well as other technical aspects of malaria programme
• Conduct monitoring field visits to review progress towards malaria elimination in key districts prioritized by the state NVBDCP
• Collate and support the analysis of state malaria epidemiological and logistics data
• Monitor the distribution of RDTs for state malaria programme and stock management to prevent stock out and expiry
• Monitor malaria tests through RDTs and conduct data analysis
• Support the MNM Odisha Lead in reporting through a project dashboard
• Draft monthly review reports on districts performance towards malaria elimination
• Support the development of district and state Program Implementation Plans in alignment with operational plan for malaria elimination.
• Conduct trainings of health workers based on training plan under supervision of MNM’s India team and State NVBDCP
• Master's degree in public health, epidemiology, public policy or in a related field is required
• 10+ years of experience in providing technical assistance on health programs or policy
• Previous experience with malaria, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Finance highly preferred
• Experience building coalitions and bringing together stakeholders across sectors
• Experience collecting, analyzing and monitoring data through field visits
• Ability to research and draft reports, fact sheets, and briefing papers and manage the printing and distribution of these materials
• Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Superior oral and written communications skills in English required
MNM offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Odisha State Technical Advisor – Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!