Fall 2017 DC Advocacy & Communications Internship
Reports to: Advocacy Associate
At Malaria No More, we envision a world where no child dies from a mosquito bite. We use our innovative partnerships and focused advocacy to elevate malaria on the global health agenda, create political will and mobilize the global resources required to achieve malaria eradication within a generation.
MNM's internship program offers full-time and part-time internships for 3 to 6 months at our office in Washington, DC. We welcome student interns, particularly those with an interest in public health or international development. Our internship is unpaid. We are currently recruiting for Fall 2017.
An internship with MNM will give the intern a chance to work in a small, influential advocacy organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
What type of work will you do as an intern?
- Compile research and write various Communications documents/briefs/projects, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Support planning of events on the Hill and around Washington D.C.
- Support planning of overseas staff delegation and press delegation trips
- Assist with the development of power-point presentations and support other admin tasks
- Attend DC-based events/seminars on behalf of organization
- Provide support in preparation of conference calls, meetings, etc., including drafting meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned
Are you eligible for an MNM internship?
To qualify for an MNM internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Working towards or hold a university degree (undergraduate, Master’s or PhD)
- Fluent in English
- Interested in global health/ international development issues
- Willing to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team
How to apply
This is a competitive program and candidates will be selected on merit. Please apply with the subject line “Fall 2017 DC Advocacy & Communications Internship - Full Name” and send the following materials to: email@example.com
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "Fall 2017 DC Advocacy & Communications Internship".