Reports to: Managing Director, Global Policy & Advocacy
The Advocacy Associate directly supports the day-to-day operations and work of the Policy and Advocacy Team. The Advocacy Associate will perform various tasks as needed by the policy and advocacy team including, but not limited to, research on malaria, global health and foreign policy, logistical support for travel, assistance with expenses, and other special projects. This is an excellent opportunity to develop research and writing skills while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector.
This position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, great attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and a high level of professional administration and communication skills.
This position will be based in: Washington, DC
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the policy and advocacy team in planning, directing, managing and coordinating day-to-day operations.
• Engage in research and writing projects, assist in drafting and editing briefs, concept notes, presentations, and other advocacy documents.
• Support the coordination, planning, and execution of MNM events around D.C. and globally.
• Provide support for advocacy efforts by representing MNM in external meetings with policymakers, NGOs, and, government officials and key stakeholders.
• Perform administrative duties including responding to inquiries from Congress and the Administration, composing routine correspondence, processing and distributing all incoming mail, managing expense reporting and travel arrangements.
• Manage office equipment (computers, phones, copier, coffee maker, etc.).
• Keep track of and order office supplies.
• Maintain staff schedule and manage monthly calendar of advocacy activities.
• Perform other related duties as requested or as responsibilities dictate.
• BA/BS required in related field such as public policy, international relations, political science, etc.
• 2+ years’ work experience in a professional environment.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines and priorities with success and accuracy.
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
MNM offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and a full benefits package.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Advocacy Associate – Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!