Director, Human Resource
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for helping MNM and its global team members achieve their mission by developing and implementing policies and programs including employment, compensation, benefits, recruiting, onboarding, training, and employee relations across US and international programs. This person will provide leadership and counsel, recommend policies and practices to the Leadership Team, and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws. The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will partner with the leadership team to support and develop the goals of the organization. This is a one-person HR department, and is located in Washington, DC or Seattle, WA.
This position will be based in: Washington, D.C. or Seattle, WA.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Culture and Employee Relations:
- Facilitate regular staff surveys and analyze findings to share with leadership team
- Advances a culture of collaboration, diversity and inclusion among staff
- Updates policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values
- Plans, develops, and participates in staff retreats, leads retention strategies and employee morale efforts
- Handles employee relations, and facilitates conflict resolution, working with the leadership team, managers, and employees as necessary
- Serves as a strategic advisor and passionate contributor to company leadership for all things people-related
- Acts as a trusted confidant to all employees, proactively addressing difficult employee related issues and drive to resolution
- Builds relationships with a network of other human resource professionals to leverage and learn from their approaches, resources, and methods for developing talent and advancing cultural improvement
- Manages internal and external company communications in a proactive, timely manner to increase employee engagement, understanding, and trust
- Builds rapport with all staff
Compensation and Benefits:
Manages payroll with Accountant regarding benefit activity and deductions.
Plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures
Administers wage and salary plan, working with external resources as needed
Oversees job analysis and evaluation process
Conducts wage and salary surveys to obtain market data Interprets salary policies and procedures Provides advice to senior leadership concerning compensation practices
Conducts periodic pay surveys and gathers competitive market salary data Identifies emerging benefit trends and works with Finance & Administration Team and Broker to negotiate and assure a competitive employee benefits program
Plans, develops and implements benefit programs and policies
Educates employees on benefit programs to assist them in maximizing their compensation package
Utilizes payroll and benefits provider systems to accurately maintain employee records and manage benefit selection
Analyzes costs and negotiates/works with insurance brokers or carriers to ensure maximum coverage at minimum cost to MNM and employee
Works closely with benefit brokers during open enrollment and subsequent changes in platforms
Staff Development and Performance Management:
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to Leadership Team and management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Analyzes, assesses and recommends employee training and development programs, working in conjunction with team leads, managers, and training provider
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Conducts independent exit interviews with employees and then initiates supporting feedback for Managers
DEI, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition:
- Serves as a resource and project coordinator for certain organizational DEI activities, including supporting implementation of Gender, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion policies and initiatives
- Directs all employment and recruitment activities, including establishing related policies and procedures
- Develops and maintains standardized Human Resources processes for hiring, training, onboarding, departures, and evaluation processes.
- Oversees all interviewing, testing, selection, and related employment/recruitment activities with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, business administration, or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years in human resources roles, supporting US and international programs
- Deep exposure to non-profit human resources management and reporting, and support of international operations
- SHRM, PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Experience managing benefits and claims: 401(k), medical, dental, STD, LTD, state level leave benefits, Life and Worker's Compensation
- Demonstrated experience in incorporating and managing a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to handle employee conflicts and differences by interpreting verbal/ non-verbal behavior, detecting perceptions and needs of employees, understanding and valuing employee differences
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent judgment and high ethical standards
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently in a fast paced and complex environment
MNM offers a competitive compensation package based upon previous experience. This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution. Final offer will be contingent on successful reference and background check.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Director, Human Resources– Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!