Fall 2017 Seattle Development Internship
Reports to: Managing Director, Resource Development
Malaria No More envisions a world where no child dies of a mosquito bite. We mobilize the political will and global resources required to achieve malaria eradication within our generation.
We use a highly targeted, proven advocacy model to elevate malaria on the global agenda and translate political support into funding.
MNM's internship program offers internships for 3 to 6 months at our office in Seattle, WA. We welcome student interns, particularly those with an interest in public health or international development. Our internship is unpaid. We are currently recruiting for Fall 2017.
What do you gain as an intern?
An internship with MNM will give the intern a chance to work in a small, influential advocacy organization and learn about many aspects of nonprofit fundraising.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying grant opportunities and drafting grant proposals
• Campaign feasibility research
• Researching potential donors and creating prospect profiles
• Assisting Development team with research, light writing, donor lists, donor-focused communications, etc.
• Supporting donor stewardship and recruitment
• Contributing to Social Media content
• Donor database transition projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Working towards or hold a university degree (undergraduate, Master’s or PhD)
• Fluent in English
• Interested in global health / international development issues
• Willing to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team
How to apply
This is a competitive program and candidates will be selected on merit. If you fulfill the above-mentioned criteria, please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Full name - Seattle Fall 2017 Development Internship” and include the following materials:
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Provide a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line "Fall 2017 Seattle Development Internship".