India Country Director
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
In 2015, at the East Asia Summit, Prime Minister Modi set the bold goal of eliminating malaria in India by 2030. MNM is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and visionary India Country Director to help India achieve that historic goal. This person will be a key member of MNM’s leadership team and will work hand-in hand with the CEO, CGO and closely with the Board of Directors. The India Country Director will direct MNM’s India operations – including project financial and operational oversight of all MNM programs, strategy development, program design and implementation, strategic partnerships, fundraising.
MNM’s current state program is in Odisha, India’s highest malaria-burden state, focused on providing strategic support and technical assistance to the Odisha Government to design and implement innovative strategies that harness the power of technology, the private sector, and community networks. As part of tht effort, MNM is establishing a multisector consortium of partners to fill capacity gaps and help achieve malaria elimination in India’s highest burden state. The Country Director will oversee and help expand the program in Odisha, and look to replicate it in other priority states/regions in India.
The Country Director will also lead MNM’s national-level work to create political and social momentum in support for the malaria elimination agenda, and active participation from the public to fight malaria in their communities.. National level work encompasses advocacy, strategic and behavior-change communications, and technical assistance. It will involve close coordination with the Government, leading corporate and media partners, and top influencers to elevate the issue on the agenda and position MNM and the malaria fight for success.
This position will be based in: New Delhi, India
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the work of MNM technical, communication and advocacy teams, providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
• Oversee the human resources, legal, IT, and general administrative functions of MNM India
• Ensure strong financial performance through analysis, interpretation, guidance to the CEO, Board and leadership team, risk management, and decision support
• Oversee the development and management of the annual strategic plans and budgets for India
• In collaboration with the CEO, CGO and members of the headquarters team, develop and implement a multiple-year strategic roadmap for the growth of the organization’s work in India
• Lead efforts to activate existing and new MNM networks to support India to achieve its 2030 malaria elimination goal
• Expand Indian staff, and develop effective and efficient systems for collaboration between offices and with global operations
• Pursue innovative approach to business and resource development in India and partner with MNM leadership to establish sustainable networks of major donors, corporates, and funding partners
• PhD or Master’s degree in management, business administration, or public health
• 10+ years implementing and managing large organizations in a senior management role
• Proven relationship building and influencing skills with a prioritized network of national and global partners
• Demonstrated experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders, including government and non-government actors, and international partners
• Supervisory experience and ability to develop, motivate and lead high-performing team across multiple offices
• Knowledge of global health issues and experience with global health organizations and multilateral institutions preferred
• Demonstrated success and experience in program and operational oversight, including finance, human resources, legal, reporting, compliance and other administrative functions
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including superior oral and written communications skills in English
• Diplomacy in communicating with broad and diverse national and global audiences
• Energetic, creative and resourceful thinker willing to take risks
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while simultaneous ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at various levels
• Expertise in all areas of project management, including finance and operations management, contract compliance, work planning, reporting and quality assurance of deliverables
• Strong computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
MNM offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "India Country Director – Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!