India Senior Advisor
Reports to: Director of Asia Pacific
Malaria No More is seeking an India Senior Advisor to lead our advocacy and communications efforts nationally. Based in New Delhi, the Advisor will report to MNM’s Director of Asia Pacific based in Seattle, to elevate malaria on the national political agenda and support the Indian government and partners to operationalize the National Framework on Malaria Elimination through advocacy, communications and private sector engagement activities. In this capacity, the role will deepen Malaria No More’s partnership with the Indian government and the community of stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Malaria No More’s Director of Asia Pacific to advance advocacy and communications objectives.
- Collaborate on the development of the national advocacy and communication plans and lead in the implementation of these strategies.
- Work closely with the MNM media partners and communications agency to engage new champions for the issue and elevate malaria in the national discourse
- Identify and engage key actors in the Indian government, including preparing data-driven briefings to show progress in reaching elimination goals.
- Work closely with key partners in India to support the development of a Malaria Coalition in support of the government’s Malaria Elimination Framework.
- Identify and recruit key individuals from the media and business community to help champion the cause.
- Produce malaria briefing papers, fact sheets and other advocacy materials.
- Organize national training workshops for key stakeholders from government, business and media.
- Engage with national donors to discuss increasing domestic funding for malaria in India, including organizing briefings to highlight funding needs and impact.
- Help develop key messages for media interviews, creative content, talking points, etc.
- Draft quarterly and annual reports outlining activities undertaken and progress made towards objectives.
- Minimum BS/BA degree; advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in an advocacy or health policy role (may include government, politics, business, or any other relevant industry).
- Previous experience with malaria, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Finance highly preferred.
- Experience building coalitions and bringing together stakeholders across sectors
- Experience organizing field visits for officials from government, politics or business.
- Ability to research and draft reports, fact sheets, and briefing papers and manage the printing and distribution of these materials.
- Deep understanding of India’s political and media landscape including familiarity with key influencers
- Understanding the role of communications in driving advocacy goals and experience working with communications teams or agencies to target audiences and shape strategies
- Experience developing key messages to help drive advocacy goals
- Experience working with high-level spokespeople.
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted project that requires high levels of collaboration with partners.
- Demonstrated resource mobilization experience working with either local or international donor communities.
- High capacity for relationship management, and a strong existing network of connections in India’s health and/or business sector.
- Hard-working and energetic collaborator who creates trust, demonstrates credibility and inspires enthusiasm with all internal and external contacts.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Superior oral and written communications skills in English required.
- This position will be full time based in New Delhi, India.
- Duration: 6 months, renewable upon availability of funding.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- To apply, please kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “India Country Advisor” in the subject heading.
No Phone Calls Please
Malaria No More is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "India Senior Advisor".