Manager, Digital Communications
The Manager of Digital Communications will join a growing, highly creative and dynamic communications team working to advance Malaria No More’s domestic and global communications strategy and advance our advocacy objectives. The Manager will work with colleagues across the organization to develop and execute a comprehensive and proactive email plan, engaging various audiences. The Manager will also have a track record of website management and maximizing content across multiple digital platforms. A key part of this role will be understanding and utilizing data and metrics to inform decision-making for major Malaria No More campaigns and initiatives in the future. Candidates for this position should have a strong understanding of non-profit and/or advocacy communications when they walk through the door. This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Communications.
Job type: Full-time
Location: Seattle or Washington, D.C. preferred. Willing to consider exceptional candidates outside of preferred location for remote work.(We are currently working remotely due to the ongoing pandemic.)
Duties and Responsibilities
A Day in the Life
- Start your day with a brainstorm between the Communications and Development teams for Malaria No More’s end-of year giving campaign.
- With ideas flowing, you draw up an editorial/email calendar to share with both teams.
- Join external partners and MNM Communications colleagues for lunch to discuss an upcoming joint report and webinar.
- It’s a busy press day! The WHO has just endorsed a RTS,S malaria vaccine for children in Africa. Help the Senior Manager of Media curate a list of reporters and MNM supporters and send our CEO’s statement out by the end of the day and post it to the website.
- Develop email content strategies and drive impactful email campaigns to targeted audiences. Integrate email with the broader Malaria No More editorial calendar and policy priorities.
- Manage website and microsites, including but not limited to new content creation for Malaria No More projects (malaria and gender, innovative finance, India and Africa programs, climate change, etc.), development campaigns and global partner campaigns.
- Measure and analyze web and email metrics for continual improvement and to determine best practices for the organization.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Director of Communications to support the Strategic Initiatives team and organizational fundraising goals.
- Work with graphic designer to produce visual assets and other content for MNM projects.
- Work with the communications team and outside vendors to produce infographics, videos, social media assets and external organizational communications.
- Pinch hit across the team as needed on social media, copy-editing, light graphic design, etc.
- BA in related field such as communications.
- 5+ years work experience in a digital communications role, ideally in a development institution, dynamic foundation, government, or non-government institution, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Proven experience managing websites, microsites and other relevant digital platforms.
- Experience designing and driving email campaigns.
- Track record of using strategic communications to bolster advocacy and/or fundraising.
- Proven ability to engage with grasstops and/or grassroots storytellers to amplify a message.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, WordPress, MailChimp, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign highly desired.
- A team player who can think strategically but do the work.
- A strong commitment to MNM’s mission to end malaria.
- Dedication to operating in a diverse, inclusive, learning atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with employer safe harbor contribution
- And so much more!
Please email a concise cover letter (with salary requirements) explaining why you would like to be considered and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Manager, Digital Communications – Full Name." Cover letters with no salary requirements will not be considered. Final offer will be contingent on successful background check. No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!