Manager, International Programs
Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
The International Programs Manager will provide proactive programmatic and operational support to MNM's programs across Africa and Asia, with a focused portfolio of up to three country/regional programs. Most country programs are supported by multiple donors and range in size and scope. The manager will have wide-ranging responsibilities and will work with MNM staff at all levels in the U.S. and globally to provide program management and budgeting support, manage project data and reports, coordinate donor reporting, ensure contract compliance, and provide support to country programs in a wide variety of areas. The manager will also support fundraising, partnership, and strategic initiatives as related to MNM’s international programs.
This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution.
This position will be based in: Washington, DC or Seattle, WA with up to 20% international travel
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead day-to-day interfacing with country teams and facilitate collaboration and coordination between US and global teams
• Provide day-to-day operational, budget and administrative support to the in-country implementing staff for MNM programs in West Africa, Cameroon, Kenya and India
• In collaboration with in-country teams, develop project plans and track progress against program objectives and funder commitments
• Work with the Finance Team to track expenses against budgets for each of the projects within MNM’s global portfolio; compile financial reports
• Prepare reports to suit different audiences and promote findings to partners, funders, and government institutions
• Develop effective monitoring and evaluation procedures to inform programs and content for in-country teams
• Work with the Advocacy & Communications Teams to help integrate MNM’s global strategies and capabilities to in-country efforts and programs
• Manage creative assets and communications materials, and liaise with the Communications Team on key marketing and promotional materials to profile program work
• Conduct research to identify potential partners and funding sources to support global program objectives
• Support proposal development
• Support donor relationships; ensuring that in-country activities reflect donor priorities
• Lead the donor reporting process for programmatic funding, including capturing key milestones and deliverables and packaging them to select donors
Strategic & Operational Planning
• Support development and implementation of MNM’s Africa and Asia strategies
• Support Director of Africa Programs and India Country Director in implementing systems to optimize team performance.
Required Skills and Desired Credentials
• Minimum BS/BA degree, advanced degree in a related field a plus
• 3+ years of relevant experience in a project management role, including experience in program and financial management
• Developing country experience required. Prior working experience in a developing country preferred
• Passionate about working in global health or international development
• Strong financial and analytic skills; detail-oriented and highly organized
• Fluent in English (professional-level verbal and written skills in French a plus)
• Superior oral and written communications skills, ability to communicate across different cultures and technology platforms
• Experience in – or at least exposure to – Measurement & Evaluation (M&E) tools and techniques desirable
• Hard-working and energetic collaborator who creates trust, credibility and enthusiasm with all internal and external contacts
• Willingness to be a true self-starter and proven innovator
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment managing several projects simultaneously
• Willingness to assume varied duties and projects
• Ability to work across a matrix organization to ensure smooth and timely progress and workflow
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the successful candidate based upon his/her previous experience.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Manager, International Programs – Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!