Senior Associate, Health Finance Coalition
The rapidly expanding Health Finance Coalition is seeking to hire an Associate to join our program team. You will work with a dynamic, coalition team that spans multiple continents and organizations seeking to expand private sector investment into innovative global health initiatives and enterprises at a moment when the whole world’s focus is now on ensuring access to quality, affordable healthcare. Your role will be a critical role on the HFC Deal Team, with broad exposure to the development and financial structuring of transactions within the global health impact investing market in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and South and Southeast Asia. You will be a key contributor to a variety of projects (usually 2-3 at a time) across HFC’s key activities, with a diverse range of clients based across the globe, with involvement in business development, and practice building. You will report to the Director and Chief of Staff of the Health Finance Coalition.
Location: Washington, D.C. (Preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Transaction execution
- Market research, business analysis, and financial modelling
Preparing client deliverables, including strategy presentations, transaction marketing materials, research documents, and financial models
- Support in project management, including participation in and documentation of calls with clients and investors, managing due diligence processes, maintaining data rooms, etc.
- Occasional travel to client locations as required (when possible)
Business development and practice building
- Participation in conference calls, including weekly pipeline calls, and assistance in tracking and monitoring of pipeline developments
- Research for and preparation of proposals and conference presentations
- Contribution to the knowledge base of the team and improvement of internal processes and tools
- If required, occasionally, work with other teams within HFC and MNM, for example on proposal development or financial modeling tasks
- Providing support to the HFC financial management, including budgeting, forecasting and expense management
- Providing additional ad-hoc operational and administrative support as necessary, including support on strategic events management
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years analytical or business experience in the private sector
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and written reports
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and quantitative or financial modeling skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and drive forward work independently
- Available for 25% international travel
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Experience in corporate finance, equity research, investment banking, or sales and trading
- Experience working in developing countries or working on global health issues (e.g. malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB, and/or maternal and child health programs)
- Experience working remotely with a decentralized team
- Professional French, Spanish, or Portuguese a plus
About the Health Finance Coalition
The Health Finance Coalition (HFC) was launched by a group of leading philanthropies, investors, donors, technical partners convened by WHO Ambassador for Global Strategy and Health Financing Ray Chambers and hosted by Malaria No More. The HFC seeks to attract an unprecedented level of private-sector investment to impact millions of lives and accelerate progress to ensure health lives and promote well-being for all, a UN Sustainable Development Goal 3. To achieve these goals, the HFC believes that we must position private, return-seeking capital to co-invest alongside governments and donors to scale transformative health innovations that serve the most vulnerable. HFC Steering Group members include: The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; U.S. Agency for International Development; The Rockefeller Foundation; The World Bank; The World Health Organization; Royal Philips; and The Skoll Foundation.
MNM offers a competitive compensation package based upon previous experience. This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution. Final offer will be contingent on successful reference and background check.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Business Development Manager; Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!