Winter/Spring 2019 DC Advocacy Internship
Reports to: Advocacy Associate
Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., New York, Kenya, Cameroon, and India and affiliates in London and Tokyo.
MNM's internship program offers full-time and part-time internships for 3 to 6 months at our office in Washington, DC. We welcome student interns, particularly those with an interest in public health or international development. Our internship is unpaid. We are currently recruiting for Winter/Spring 2019.
An internship with MNM will give the intern a chance to work in a small, influential advocacy organization.
This position will be based in: Washington, D.C.
Duties and Responsibilities
What type of work will you do as an intern?
- Compile research and write various communications documents/briefs/projects, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Support planning of events on the Hill and around Washington D.C.
- Support planning of overseas staff delegation
- Assist with the development of power-point presentations and support other admin tasks
- Attend DC-based events/seminars on behalf of organization
- Provide support in preparation of conference calls, meetings, etc., including drafting meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned
Are you eligible for an MNM internship?
To qualify for an MNM internship you must meet the following requirements:
- Working towards or hold an undergraduate degree
- Fluent in English; French proficiency a plus
- Interested in global health/ international development issues
- Willing to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team
How to apply
This is a competitive program and candidates will be selected on merit. Please apply with the subject line “Winter/Spring 2019 DC Advocacy Internship - Full Name” and send the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!