Business Development Manager
The global malaria campaign has emerged as one the greatest public health success stories in a generation. Now, we need innovations in precision health, financing, advocacy, climate adaptation, gender strategies, and delivery models to achieve our mission of a malaria free world. We are recruiting a highly entrepreneurial individual who can help lead MNM’s growth initiatives in these areas.
Malaria No More is expanding its global impact through a creative growth strategy that seeks to build the foundation for long-term impact in new markets and innovative programmatic areas. This requires developing new strategies and partnerships, and expanding its revenue base with new and diverse funding sources.
Under the leadership of the Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for researching, identifying and pursuing new restricted funding opportunities. This includes cultivating relationships with partners, corporates, institutions, and foundations in order to diversify MNM’s funder base. In addition, the Business Development Manager will take the lead on planning, managing, crafting, and executing proposals, marketing, and events to capture funding.
Reports to: Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives
Location: Flexible (Seattle or DC preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growth strategies, business planning, and proposal development for a portfolio of pilot projects, new programs and strategic partnerships
- Work with Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives, Program and Country Teams, and Fundraising Teams to develop and execute a business development strategy for the portfolio
- Lead the preparation for and manage proposals, contribute to research and trends analysis of donor funding landscape, and support development and execution of global and country-level new business strategies
- Develop and execute business plans (with technical team leads) to move ideas from exploration, to demonstration, to growth
- Serve as a key member of cross-functional internal teams comprised of crosscutting MNM staff, technical programs and offices to develop strategies, identify innovations and models to replicate and scale, and ways to promote MNM’s capabilities and unique model
- Support fundraising team on cross-cutting initiatives and efforts
- 6+ years of work experience, including at least 4 years of relevant experience in business development
- Experience with developing strategies and business plans, events, marketing, proposal writing, and portfolio management for global organizations working in public health
- Demonstrated success in developing entrepreneurial strategies and meeting organizational growth goals
- Proven relationship building , partnership building, and fundraising with a network of global partners
- Knowledge of global health, passion for social impact, and enthusiasm for Malaria No More’s mission to end one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases within a generation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with simultaneous ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at various levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful thinker, able to connect dots and willing to take strategic risks
- Excellent writing and research skills, including report writing
MNM offers a competitive compensation package based upon previous experience. This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution. Final offer will be contingent on successful reference and background check.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line "Business Development Manager; Full Name":
1. A concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered
2. Your CV
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!