Managing Director of Global Policy and Advocacy
The Managing Director of Global Policy and Advocacy (MD) is an entrepreneurial leader, with deep experience, networks, and relationships across US and international policy and political spheres, responsible for leading Malaria No More’s US and Global Policy, Advocacy, and Communications teams in the malaria fight. The MD reports to the CEO and is the senior-most member of the Washington D.C. office.
Job type: Full-time
Location: Washington, D.C. (We are currently working remotely due to the ongoing pandemic.)
In partnership with the CEO and Managing Director of Strategic Initiatives, serve as a key member of the Leadership Team contributing to shared organizational goals and strategic planning.
Lead the policy, advocacy, and communications teams in Washington D.C., through the engagement of policymakers and the public inside and outside the beltway.
Develop and lead MNM strategy and engagement with the Administration, relevant branch agencies, and the U.S. Congress, to advocate for and support U.S. policies, programs, and funding for malaria, global health, and foreign aid.
Build and maintain relationships with bilateral and international institutions including, but not limited to, the President’s Malaria Initiative, the Global Fund, the WHO, the RBM Partnership, development banks, foundations, and other key actors.
Develop and execute strategies for global initiatives that engage and influence foreign governments and institutions to increase resources for the malaria fight in conjunction with the MNM India, Japan, and UK affiliates.
Plan and execute briefings, meetings, and Congressional staff delegations in Washington and internationally.
Shape thought-leader messaging on malaria and other relevant contemporary issues.
Identify and engage private sector entities whose work intersects with the fight against malaria.
- Visionary leadership skills and a successful record of fostering an inclusive work environment, leading diverse and multi-disciplinary domestic and international teams.
10+ years' of demonstrated experience in advocacy, policy, or a political role, ideally in a U.S.
- Government institution (Capitol Hill or Agency), foundation, non-government organization, or international institution with a record of using advocacy, policy, and politics to drive outcomes and influence a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Existing relationships across Capitol Hill and the U.S. Government with a deep understanding of the Legislative and Executive branches.
- Proven success influencing public policy outcomes in the U.S. and abroad.
- Effective and persuasive communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into concise messages.
- BA required advanced degree preferred, in a related field.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401K with employer safe harbor contribution
- And so much more!
Please email a concise cover letter (with salary requirements) explaining why you would like to be considered and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Managing Director of Global Policy and Advocacy – Full Name." Cover letters with no salary requirements will not be considered. Final offer will be contingent on successful background check. No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!