Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships
Malaria No More employs a diversified approach to our core mission, through a constantly evolving portfolio of strategic initiatives that mobilize resources and catalyze innovation in support of malaria elimination. Current and past programs have focused on gender, transformative tools, communication campaigns in elimination settings, and climate change.
We are recruiting a highly entrepreneurial individual who can help lead MNM’s growth initiatives and develop a creative growth strategy that seeks to build the foundation for long-term impact in new markets and innovative programmatic areas. This requires developing new strategies and partnerships and expanding the revenue base with new and diverse funding sources.
Under the leadership of the Managing Director, Strategy & Growth, the Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for researching, identifying, and pursuing new restricted funding opportunities that align with MNM’s diversification goals and provide operating resources for new programs. This includes cultivating relationships with partners, corporates, institutions, and foundations to diversify MNM’s funder base.
Reports to: Managing Director, Strategy & Growth
Location: Remote, US-based
Travel Requirement: Approximately 20% of the time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support growth strategies, business planning, and proposal development for a portfolio of pilot projects, innovative programs, and strategic partnerships
- Work with Managing Director, Strategy & Growth, Program and Country Teams, and Development Team to develop and execute a business development strategy for the overall program portfolio
- Lead the preparation for and manage proposals, contribute to research and trends analysis of donor funding landscape, and support development and execution of global and country-level new business strategies.
- Develop and execute business plans (with technical team leads) to move ideas from exploration, to demonstration, to growth.
- Serve as a key member of cross-functional internal teams comprised of crosscutting MNM staff, technical programs, and offices to develop strategies, identify innovations and models to replicate and scale, and ways to promote MNM’s capabilities and unique impact model.
- Support Development Team on cross-cutting initiatives and efforts
- 6+ years of demonstrated experience in global health and/or international development, including at least 4 years of relevant experience in fundraising and/or business development.
- Demonstrated experience with developing strategies and business plans, events, marketing, proposal writing, and portfolio management for global organizations working in public health.
- Demonstrated success in developing entrepreneurial strategies and meeting organizational growth goals.
- Proven relationship building, partnership building, and fundraising with a network of global partners.
- Knowledge of global health, passion for social impact, and enthusiasm for Malaria No More’s mission to end one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases within a generation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with simultaneous ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at various levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful thinker, able to connect dots and willing to take strategic risks.
- Excellent writing and research skills, including report writing.
MNM offers a competitive compensation package based upon previous experience. This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution. The final offer will be contingent on successful reference and background check.
Please email a concise cover letter (with salary requirements) explaining why you would like to be considered and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Manager, Strategic Partnerships – Full Name." Submissions without a cover letter will be considered incomplete and will not receive further consideration. Final offer will be contingent on successful references and background check. No telephone calls please.
HELP END MALARIA DEATHS
Your contribution will help us ensure no child dies from the bite of a malaria mosquito. We have the tools to end deaths from malaria now. Let's make malaria no more!